Excuse me– 2009?
(Post best viewed here.)
What’s the deal, ’09? I thought we had something good going on here. What’s with the bipolar thing all of a sudden? Last week: Rock awesome. This week? Erm…
Nada. Well– except for getting this super cute picture of Patches napping on Alfred.
Tuesday: Did a thing
Did a thing at 1. It was fun. Saw Libby A. and Chris F., which is always nice.
Wednesday: Was an idiot
Had an audition scheduled for noon today with a company I’ve never auditioned for. Very excited. Been looking forward to it for over a month. Had it in all my calendars as being today from noon to three. So this morning? I took my time getting dressed and then messed around online for a while before I realized “Ohmygod! It’s 11:45 am! I shouldn’t leave my place at noon! I should’ve left at eleven!”
How do I do these things? How? So prepared, and then BAM! Accidental idiocy.
I threw mascara in my purse, ran out the door, arrived ten minutes late to the audition wearing no makeup without having done my hair and in clothes I still wasn’t quite sure about, before discovering I only had enough change for 33 minutes in the parking meter for an audition scheduled to last from noon to 3. Luckily, however, I had the foresight to arrive late at the audition. . . so when it ended much earlier than anticipated I returned to my car to find I still had 4 minutes left on the clock.
Wednesday Part 2: Was disappointed
I stopped at Blockbuster on my way home to exchange my most recent rental, “I, the Worst of All,” for my second free rental of the month. I hadn’t been in there for two minutes when my phone rang. It was my contact at the staffing agency that got me last week’s interview. He was calling to say I didn’t get the job.
We talked. It was fine. We hung up. I cried. By myself. In a corner. In the back of Blockbuster. Like a dope.
I left with “Get Smart.”
Come on, Thursday! Please go back to being cool!
Nice things to think about to help keep life in perspective:
1. Camille Dalmais (Thanks Ben- she’s awesome! And a must-watch. Check out the “Money Note” vid on YT…)
2. Affordably priced vintage style dresses
5. Our new president’s favorite movies
6. My celebrity nemesis- for no other reason than that she’s successful solely because she’s attractive- Jessica Alba was nominated for two Worst Actress Razzies; one for “The Love Guru” and the other for “The Eye.”
7. No one and no thing (outside of psychological disorders) can stop you from dreaming. And dreaming? It’s pretty cool.
8. Finding Jesus
10. Small acts of rebellyon